You have no items in your shopping cart.
The all new DJI CrystalSky Monitor is a very impressive viewing device for drone pilots of all levels. Prior to officially releasing the CrystalSky, DJI showed off the hot new monitor at a number of events throughout 2017. The good needs is the wait is now over and CrystalSky units are shipping daily from Advexure! This article discusses CrystalSky pricing, availability for the new, highly demanded, aerial video monitor, and other vital information on the CrystalSky's offering.
We are happy to announce that the CrystalSky is now available for order here at Advexure. CrystalSky units are still in limited production. Updates will be made available here and on the product page for each CrystalSky model.
Please be sure to read the latest updates at the bottom of this article.
The drone community has been in dire need of a high quality, lightweight, portable video monitor for drone flying. The DJI CrystalSky Monitor is finally what we’ve all been waiting for. DJI has designed the CrystalSky for outdoor aerial imaging. One of the biggest issues that drone pilots face just about everyday is not being able to see their video feed on their phone or tablet on a bright, sunny day. The CrystalSky Monitor features an ultra-bright screen that is clearly visible in bright sunlight.
First it is important to note that there are three models of the CrystalSky, each of the models are shown below.
Clicking the title of the model will bring you to the Advexure Store to submit your DJI CrystalSky order.
- This model features a smaller 5.5 inch display while still outputting a 1000-nit brightness. Best display monitor for Mavic Pro owners.
- The larger display option for the CrystalSky at 7.85 inches. Features 1000-nit of brightness. This is a great aerial drone monitor for the average drone user looking for a brighter display option compared to an iPad.
- This model tops out the DJI CrystalSky options and features a 7.85 inch display at a jaw-dropping 2000-nit brightness, more than four times brighter than standard mobile devices. Designed for filmmaking professionals and users flying in during the strongest daylight hours.
– DJI has given us a small taste of just how bright in their integrated display on the all new Phantom 4 Pro+. The CrystalSky is more than four times brighter than typical devices currently being used for drone flying. Spec’d at 2000 cd/m we should have no problem seeing the CrystalSky on those clear blue sky flying days.
– This is extremely important for monitors that are playing back real-time video. DJI has integrated an optimized video encoder that provides the smoothest possible playback in real-time with an extremely minimal latency of 180ms. Typical mobile devices have at least a 220ms video decoding latency.
– The 7.85” CrystalSky will feature up to 4-5 hours of operation while the 5.5” will feature 5-6 hours. These operation times far exceed the battery life of comparable mobile devices that are currently used in the drone industry.
– Two SD Card Slots allow for the recording of footage directly onto the SD card in the monitor or playing back footage recorded on a Micro SD Card. Files from the Micro SD Cards can also be played back through the HDMI port output on the monitor.
– The CrystalSky’s HDMI Port will allow for up to 4K video to be output to FPV video goggles or other HDMI viewing devices. Built-in Wi-Fi functionality will enable the CrystalSky to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
Advexure offers two options for Mounting the CrystalSky to your Mavic. Option #1 is the DJI CrystalSky Mavic Mounting Bracket. Option #2 is the MavMount which is a CNC milled mount that provides a very well balanced setup with all sizes of CrystalSky.
When using the CrystalSky with Phantom, Inspire 1, Inspire 2, and Matrice series remotes you will need the CrystalSky Mounting Bracket (Part 3) which fits on all three remotes.
To mount the CrystalSky to your Osmo you will need the DJI CrystalSky Osmo Mounting Bracket which is available here at Advexure for $79.
The DJI CrystalSky Monitor can be easily connected to the Inspire 2, Inspire 1 series, Phantom 4 series, Phantom 3 Professional and Advanced, Matrice series and Mavic using the remote controller USB port, as well as the Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 3 Standard over Wi-Fi.
The DJI CrystalSky was originally announced in mid-November at the Inspire 2 launch and it was announced at the end of April at NAB that the monitor would begin shipping in the coming weeks.
The following is the CrystalSky price for each of the specific models: 5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469; 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699; and the 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999.
The regular 5.5" has begun shipping from Advexure. The 7.5" High Brightness CrystalSky model will begin shipping from Advexure beginning in mid to late July, while the latest update from DJI Headquarters is that the 7.5" Ultra is estimated to begin shipping towards the end of July / early August.
The DJI CrystalSky Monitor can be ordered here at Advexure. As one of the largest and longest established DJI Dealers in the US, Advexure will be the first to receive shipments of the new CrystalSky Monitors from DJI.
Hear what some of our earliest CrystalSky pre-ordered customers are already saying about CrystalSky:
We are happy to announce that all Advexure pre-orders for the CrystalSky 5.5" High Brightness Monitor have now been fulfilled. New 5.5" orders can expect fulfillment with about 7-10 days of ordering. Please be sure to check the 5.5" model product page for the latest stock information.
CrystalSky 7.85" High Brightness Monitors are now shipping from Advexure. Production remains very limited and we are processing early pre-orders as quickly as possible in the order in which they have been received. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
CrystalSky 7.85" Ultra Brightness Monitors are shipping in extremely limited quantities. We are working through pre-orders a quickly as possible. Please don't hesitate to reach out to the Advexure Support Team for a precise update on the status of your order. Thank you.