The All New DJI Phantom 4 - The Smartest & The Sexiest Flying Gadget Ever!
- Advexure Blog
- 07 May, 2018
DJI is without a doubt the front-runner in the aerial drone industry with groundbreaking innovations in aerial photography through innovation in consumer and professional drone platforms. Today DJI unveiled their latest addition to the Phantom line of RC (Remote Control) drones, the all new DJI Phantom 4 Drone! Packed with brand new features such as Collision Avoidance, Sport Mode, Active Track and many more. Simply put, DJI has redesigned and revamped their DJI Phantom line making the Phantom 4 much more nimble, faster, easier and a delight to fly.
As far as aerial photography is concerned, DJI’s new Phantom 4 has excelled its own standards, and as a nifty airborne gadget that is adventurous and thrilling to use, it is sure to become the most sought after drone in no time. And by saying this, I am not exaggerating; you can see for yourself, just have a look at the awesome new features shown below:
Key features and specifications of the all new DJI Phantom 4:
- The DJI Phantom 4 Drone is similar to the Phantom 3 in looks, as it is sleek and less bulky with four motors over the propeller arms. There are few notable physical features that enable you to tell apart a Phantom 3 and Phantom 4.
- Phantom 4 comes with the all new Vision Positioning System (VPS) which is very advanced when compared to its peers. VPS helps the Phantom 4 to hover precisely, even when the satellite positioning system isn’t supporting. This feature definitely makes flying a lot easier, especially indoors or at low altitudes. Also, VPS helps Phantom 4 to break instantly when the joy stick is released and makes it hover in the same place till you send further instructions. If the drone is disturbed when it is hovering, the automatic controls come into play and make the drone return to the point from where it took off.
- DJI’s Phantom 4 flies intelligently over or around the obstacles. With just a few taps on the screen, you can create the most seamless shots automatically, without even needing to control the drone using the control sticks.
- Even a first timer will find flying fun, thrilling and easy, as it has obstacle sensors and forward facing cameras that realize large objects and avoid any head-on collisions. However, it is not yet fully autonomous to recognize obstacles in any other direction. The Phantom 4 may collide into a bush or power lines as it can detect only dense objects so be careful and don't test out the obstacle avoidance at high speeds.
- The DJI Phantom 4 Drone has the capability to visually track objects by locking on to them, to capture a smooth shot. Simply draw a box around an object with your finger and the Phantom 4 drone can use its active track technology to follow any object.
- It has integrated intelligent flight support systems which are quite capable of making the flying experience more reliable both indoors as well as outdoors. This unparalleled flying experience is further supported by the satellite positioning system and the enhanced vision positioning system.
- DJI designed a powerful camera for the Phantom 4 which is capable of capturing 4k videos at 30fps (frames per second) and 1080p at 120fps. The impressive footage has a considerably less chromatic deviation, reduced noise, and next to no distortion. The 8 element spherical lens is sharper around the edges and minimizes the curvature effect, as well as the chromatic aberration.
- The camera lens in DJI’s Phantom 4 is capable of capturing better footage with accurate color and offers a better focus view. With the integrated long range transmission, the camera drone can transmit HD quality 720p video up to 5Km or 3.1 miles away.
- The U-frame, 3-Axis camera stabilization system cancels unwanted movements during the flight of 28 minutes, which is 25% more when compared to its predecessor, the Phantom 3. DJI was able to achieve this enhanced flight time by using the most advanced cutting-edge drone technology, innovative propulsion systems and an all new sophisticated and modernized design.
- DJI Phantom 4 is one of the most reliable drones of its type due to the built-in redundancies with dual compass modules and IMUs (inertial measurement unit).
- Sports Mode is a major highlight which makes the DJI Phantom 4 Drone a class apart. It sports maximum speed of 45mph, 45 degrees tilt and a 20 feet per second climb speed. Accurate control and speed are possible due to the new position that the battery occupies – closer to the centre of the drone. Flying at greater speeds will drain the battery faster. Hence, it is recommended that you fly this beauty at an average speed to capture the best footage and achieve the longest possible flight times.
- You may get a thrill of shooting a video in the sports mode but it is important to keep in mind that the collision avoidance feature will not work in this mode. This feature is sure to come in handy for professional filmmakers in capturing high-speed sequences.
- DJI’s Phantom 4 supports four flight modes, satellite positioning, intelligent movement, high-speed move and smooth footage. You can select any mode and customize your drone based on your needs.
- The Phantom 4 is comparatively more stable than Phantom 3, due to an array of more down-facing cameras, inside as well as outside. New in the Phantom 4 is a push-and-release prop installation mechanism, which ensures that props are locked securely in place while inflight.
DJI Phantom 4 Drone Pricing & Availability
DJI Phantom 4 equipped with all the above mentioned unique features and is available at a price tag of $1199. We also offer DJI Phantom 4 Bundles which provide savings if you need additional batteries with your Phantom 4 drone.
DJI’s Phantom 4 is one of a kind drone which is capable of making every aerial photographer’s dream come true. And every time DJI comes up with a new version of its phantom series, it sets new standards. Now it’s up to the other drone makers to either catch up to its standards or at least give it a try.
As one of DJI's Premiere Authorized US Dealers, Advexure will receive the first shipments of the all new DJI Phantom 4 Drone. We expect first shipments of the new Phantom 4 to arrive to our warehouses within the next week. We look forward to serving you as the largest DJI dealer in Los Angeles.