DJI continues its industry leading innovation in unmanned aerial and film technology with the recent announcement and release of the brand new DJI Goggles – a wearable headset that can connect with your drone’s camera and offers FPV (first-person view) video piloting vision that delivers an incredibly immersive flight experience. Following in the footsteps in other market leading virtual reality, wearable tech headsets like the Oculus Rift and the Samsung Gear VR, the DJI Goggles seamlessly blend the virtual experience of a VR headset with world of drone flight and technology for both professionals and hobbyists alike.
DJI Goggles Specs & Key Features
- The new DJI flight mode “Head Tracking Mode” allows drone pilots or camera assistants to control the aircraft’s camera yaw and gimbal pitch that provides a more immersive in-flight experience along with highly intuitive, more precise camera movements overall.
HUD (Heads Up Display) Integration
- Ability to view and control the drone’s flight modes and flight menu from the DJI Go App through the goggles using a built in touch pad located on the side of the goggles.
Low-Lag Video Feed Transmission
- The DJI patented OcuSync transmission system can receive long range video feed at 720p at 60fps in “Smooth Mode” and short range at both 1080p and 720p at 30fps in HD mode. Viewers will be greeted with a stunning, lattice-free 3840px x 1080px viewfinder resolution, more than double the clarity of other FPV viewfinders on the market.
- The same built-in transmission system responsible for unmatched anti-lag video feed, “OcuSync,” allows your drone to pair up to a maximum of four separate sets of DJI Goggles, allowing you to share your flight experience with other friends and bystanders that have their own goggles. The goggles also come with a built in SD slot that can store the photos and videos from the drone’s camera and 3.5mm headphone jack for audio. The integrated HDMI input can also be used for other multipurpose uses too, including: connecting through your external monitor or TV for video games and other entertainment platforms.
Comfortable and Highly Adjustable
- The sleek and ergonomic yet durable build quality of the DJI Goggles are easily adjustable for custom fit, can disassemble into two separate pieces for travel purposes, and have a swivel action to toggle between eyesight and in-flight vision for convenience.
Weight & Battery Life
- The goggles weigh in at just slightly over 2.2 lbs. and support a maximum battery life of 6 hours.
DJI Goggles Compatibility
Which DJI drones works with the Goggles? - All newer DJI drone models support the use of the goggles, including: wireless connectivity with the new DJI Mavic Pro and HDMI connectivity with the Phantom 3 Advance and newer.
DJI Goggles Release Date
DJI officially announced the DJI Goggles at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show held annually in Las Vegas, NV from April 22nd to April 27th, 2017. DJI began shipping to premiere partners, Advexure included, on May 20th, 2017.
The goggles are now IN STOCK and shipping from Advexure!
What other accessories are there for the DJI Goggles?
There are several things that you may want to look into when ordering your pair of DJI Goggles, including:
DJI Goggles Micro USB OTG Cable – This cable allows you to connect your DJI Goggles directly to your drone's remote controller. Click here to order!
DJI Goggles & Mavic Sling Carrying Bag – This bag is an excellent way to hold both your Mavic and DJI Goggles in one convenient, highly portable carrying bag. Perfect for an on-the-go-Mavic owner. Click here to order!
DJI Goggles Carrying Sleeve – This sleeve bag is made of a durable casing that is designed to protect your Goggles from scratches and scuffs when not properly stored in a DJI Goggles & Mavic Sling Bag. This is an optimal solution for storing your Goggles in another bag or backpack to ensure that the unit does not get damaged. Click here to order!
No worries, our expert staff of knowledgeable drone professionals and enthusiasts alike are always available to answer all of your questions about the goggles or any other drone related questions either over our online web chat, email, or by phone. Get in touch with us here.